Monday, February 4, 2013

Things my child says...

I like to have conversations with my daughter.  Granted she's only 17 months old, but I enjoy talking to her.  Mostly because she responds with either gibberish or just repeats whatever I'm saying, but she does ask for milk when she wants milk and to be held.  She's learning and it's amazing to watch.  The best part though by far is the things she says to me.

Me: "Do you want your milk?"

Kidlet: "NO!"

Me: "Are you sure you don't want your milk?" I ask as I hand it to her.

Kidlet: "NO!"  She tells me as she grabs her milk and then walks off.

Me: "I don't think that word means what you think it means."

The Geek: "We should watch Princess Bride."

These are typically how conversations in my home go. 

We have now taught kidlet to say things such as Hi and Bye, which she likes to say over and over and over again until she gets a response.  Most people are happy to tell her Hi or Bye, we've had a few who have not been so pleased, but it doesn't seem to bother kidlet.  She can also say kitty, big kitty, Mama, Papa (which is what she calls me sometimes), Daddy, door, window, ut-oh, she also says Bless You when we sneeze, she's learning so much and just taking it all in and it's a joy to watch. 

I really do enjoy my conversations with my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment